Sunday, 9 February 2014
I've been nominated for a Leibster Award by Michelle. The Award is given by bloggers to bloggers and it's a great way to connect with others and spread the word about their blogs.
To take part you need to answer the questions given to you by your nominator. Then you create your own list of questions and nominate other bloggers to answer them.
I'd not heard about Leibster before, so thanks Michelle for nominating me!
It sounds like fun, here goes...
1. Click your fingers and where would you like to be right now?
Lying in a hammock, somewhere warm. I'm a teensy bit obsessed with hammocks ~ we just put up hooks in the garden to hang the gorgeous one I received at Christmas from the family in Colombia. So as soon as we get a bit of warm weather in London, you know where you'll find me...
2. What has been your biggest adventure?
Living in France in my 20s was a real period of adventure for me. It was the first time I'd had a place of my own, on my own, and I learnt a lot about myself, which has shaped a good part of the person I am today.
3. What is your favourite thing that you have cooked recently?
I've been experimenting in the kitchen quite a bit lately and last week I discovered buckwheat soba noodles ~ delicious cooked up with shitake mushrooms, pak choi and sesame oil. So good in fact that I'm making the same dish again this week!
4. If you could skip the learning and suddenly have a skill, what would it be?
I would love to be able to play the piano. Such a beautiful, fluid sound, there's something really freeing about it to me.
5. Are you doing now what 18 year old you thought you'd be doing?
Err, no! I thought I'd be stay-at-home Mum, probably because that's what my Mum was. I'm grateful that life has taken me on a different path though ~ I'm happy and fulfilled in what I'm doing and excited about what the future may bring.
6. What do you think 80 year old you would like to see you do before you get there?
I think she'd like to see me develop my entrepreneurial spirit! I've always had a secret yearning to run my own tea/haberdashery/craft shop ~ an online shop or market stall perhaps? Or maybe I'll take my photography a step further somehow.
7. Finish the sentence: When I find myself smiling while walking down the street it is usually because...
I've seen something that reminds me of someone I love ~ a bit corny, I know, but usually true : )
8. What is your favourite ritual - daily, weekly, monthly or annually?
I love the Friday wind-down each week ~ leaving work, getting some food in for the weekend, an evening with friends or a cosy night in, all in the knowledge that there are two days ahead to spend doing the things we enjoy.
So that's me! I'm now passing the challenge on to Josh, Raphael, Catherine, Saul and Amy.
My questions are:
1. What's your favourite type of biscuit?
2. Book or film?
3. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
4. Describe your perfect Sunday
5. What's your party trick?
6. What's the last album you bought/downloaded?
7. Which season of the year do you enjoy most?
8. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
9. Which beauty/grooming product could you not live without?
10. What's the story behind your blog name?
Looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with, and please do pass the challenge on!