Good to meet you! I'm Claire: Londoner, happiness junkie and photography addict.
This blog documents my journey through life, camera always at the ready, seeking inspiration in my quest to live my best life. Exploring, baking, crafting ~ you'll find it all here.
Here's a bit more about me...
1. I'd love to live by the sea one day
Alas, it's London town where I'm based for the timebeing and maybe Paris one day?
2. I've been a vegetarian for 20 years
I'm a great animal lover, especially cats.
3. I can't roll my tongue, but the rest of my family can
Something to do with a recessive gene if I remember from school biology lessons? That, or I'm adopted and don't know it!
4. I like to use Gimp for my photo editing
5. I can speak French, Spanish, some Portuguese and Serbo-Croat
A languages degree and various random courses taken over the years...
6. I was white blonde as a child
Sadly no more, more of a golden brown these days...
7. I have a 72 year old cutlery set, which we use most days
Inherited from my Grandparents (a wedding present in 1938) and recently re-plated to its full glory.
8. I can identify someone's nationality from their English accent and this freaks a lot of people out
I work in a language school where we teach English to overseas students, so I meet people from all over the world almost everyday.
9. I lived and worked in France for a year
Teaching and generally sampling the wine culture of the South West ; )
10. I don't like coffee, but love the smell
It's herbal teas and hot chocolate all the way for me I'm afraid!
Influences & Motivations
A lover of colour and everything visual my whole life, I first got serious about taking pictures back in 2000. Several cameras later, I'm now into digital post production and all the great stuff you can do with social media.
I enjoy the creativity that photography brings. Seeking the extraordinary in the ordinary is what I love, bringing out the beauty of small things around me as well as showcasing the exciting, mad bits of my life puts it all into perspective.